please read the article ,follow the questions and write an eaasy. The article name is the scarlet letter, you can going to www.sparknotes.com and research the
acarlet letter. Thank you.
Critique and Comparison
To help students to learn HOW to evaluate psychology information on the web AND learn about psychology FROM the web. DUE: 8/8 by midnight (11:59PM end of the day –
To fulfill this requirement, you must actually a paper consisting of a comparison and contrasting of two (2) websites. They don’t have to be GOOD websites, they
just have to be related to psychology and on the same topic. It’s your job in this paper to assess the validity and credibility of the information they provide on the
topic. So first you must spend a few hours surfing the web looking for two websites on the same topic related to psychology. Then you must put your “critical thinking”
or “information consumer” hat on and evaluate the usefulness and trustworthiness of the sites.
For example: Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, brain development in early childhood, motivating employees, prejudicethere are many possibilities!
The review is to be typed, double-spaced and from 3 – 4 pages combined least in length. Submit the assignment by email. I can accept: WORD, WORKS, WORD PERFECT,
OPEN OFFICE and faxed documents as a last resort.
You should submit by email the URLs of your two chosen sites by 7/22.. Each review must include the following elements:
1. URL and date of your visit.
2. Name of individual, corporation, institution or school who created and maintains the site.
3. An appraisal of the format in which the material is presented at the site (easy to read, good illustrations etc.) Feel free to compare your two sites – If a
friend were seeking information on this topic, would you recommend one over the other? Both? Neither?
4. Three things you learned from visiting the site. If you didn’t think the site was very good, give three reasons why you formed this opinion.
5. Refer to the links on website evaluation for further tips on doing a good website review.
6. To find a psychology website, you can utilize a general search engine such as Google, or Alta Vista, or you can use a psychology search tool such as PsycInfo.
Type in a search term “depression;” “drug addiction” or the psychology topic of your choice.
7. Look at these sites to learn more about how to evaluate websites: