Elements that Control the Economy
Task: Globally food price has increased during the past year in this context, answer the following questions:
- Explain why the law of demand applies to food just as it does to all other goods and services,
- Explain how the substitution effect influences food purchases. Provide some examples of substitutions that people might make when the price of food rises, and other things remain the same.
- Explaiii how the income effect influences food purchases and provide some examples of the income effect that might occur when the price of food rises, and other things remain the same.
Prices of houses in Australian metropoliLar cities, particularly in Darwin, Sydney and Melbourne are on the rise in recent year, which is mainly due to surging land prices. In this context, answer the following questions:
- Why is the land price rising in the metropolitan cities and what are the major drivers of rising house prices in these cities.
- Using an appropriate diagram, expl&n your answer in part (a) above.
- Is the supply of land in the metropolitan cties perfectly inelastic? Why? Discuss
Some Australian state and territory governments have banned or are planning lo ban plastic shopping bags due to negative externalities rising from their excessive use.
- Describe the externality that arises from plastic containers and bags. What is Hie best way to avoid or regulate negative externalities? Discuss.
- Draw a graph to illustrate low plastic containers and bags create welfare loss.
Click here to get assistance for this or any related assignment..